Following the invitation of the Egyptian Minister of Communications and Information Technology Dr. Amr Talaat for his counterpart to visit the Arabic Republic of Egypt, the Minister of Information and Communication Infrastructure Mr. Ebrima Sillah led a high profile delegation to actualize an agreement made by the heads of state of both nations to facilitate strong cooperation in the area of ICTs between the two countries as well as facilitate technical interface between key areas in the sector to boost performance and share best practices. The delegation comprises the Minister, MOICI, Permanent Secretary, MOICI, Deputy Secretary to Cabinet, and heads of the satellites institutions under the purview of MOICI as well as their technicians. The visit availed the agencies the opportunity to engage and strengthen partnership with partner agencies as well as exchange operational realities with their counterparts.
As part of the delegations’ visit to Egypt, an agreement was signed between the two parties to collaborate on various areas including capacity building. Following up to that process, the Gambia’s membership was approved by the Egyptian Authorities to allow its people to apply for the program
About the AAL
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, announced the African App Launchpad initiative within the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF) 2018 on Nov 6, 2018 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets building capacity of ten thousand learners and establishing one hundred startups. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- Building capacity and certifying young African calibers on the recent advances in app and game technologies.
- Supporting creation of job and business opportunities for the African youth through wage employment, freelancing, and startup establishment.
- Increasing the competitiveness of African ICT companies by availing an abundant talent pool.
- Forming Africa-wide learning networks in leading technologies to act as platform for fostering technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Free top-quality learning tracks in one of the advanced app and game technologies.
- Prestigious international certificate after successfully completing the learning track.
- Potential chance to attend a local learning group to experience cross learning and discuss business impact of the underlying technologies.
- Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded USD 2K in additional to possible seed fund or incubation service.
- Being informed of Africa-wide employment opportunities.
- Citizens of each officially participating African state can apply through the initiative website.
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria: (Updated on 7th of Aug. 2019)
- A higher-education college graduate of year 2006 at most or will graduate within 2 years (by 2021). Can access all tracks.
b. Non-ICT applicants and junior university students are eligible for some introductory tracks. If non-ICT applicants are interested in other ICT tracks, a good knowledge of essential ICT technologies is recommended through the following:
- Min. 2-years work track in ICT.
- Min. 6-month international training record in software technologies.
- Collect application forms at:
The Ministry of Information & Communications Infrastructure
- Submit completed application attaching CV and 1 recent Passport photo size
- Apply online at www.moici.gov.gm/ads
- Submit online uploading recent passport size photo
- Submit recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Download Application form at www.moici.gov.gm/aal
Application Submission Deadlines:
- The Mid of every Month
- The End of every Month
Sectors are allowed to Apply
- Academic Sector
- Public Sector, including the civil service
- Private Sector
- Civil Society
- THE LINK FOR MORE INFO: https://www.grts.gm/featured/