Insufficient IT related personnel and training provision can hinder the successful implementation of the ICT development programs of the Gambia Government. In general government staffs should be familiar with basic computer skills. And most importantly there ought to be dedicated government professionals who have knowledge in topics such as business process re-engineering, application development / design, software engineering, database management, information security, project management, etc. This TDOC will act as initial stage to raise Gambia Government IT related capability, achieving seamless internal transition when planning for and implementing government IT systems in the upcoming years. MoICI, as the Government ICT development governance agency, should play a key role therefore take appropriate actions in facilitation and management of comprehensive Gambia government agency IT training mechanism and operation.
With our services, we will guarantee efforts in making Your TDOC a place with the most advanced facilities and successful model in the Western Africa region.
- To build up long term and sustainable DOC model that can act as stepping stone for
- government IT development for the Gambia Government
- To provide Proof of Concept (POC) in Government IT training operations and
- certification programs
- To provide onsite services in planning and equipment establishment of DOC for the Client
- To provide onsite services in support of DOC training operation and maintenance for the Client
- To provide onsite services in organizing e-Government Workshop for the Client
Scope of Work
- To establish a TDOC at the site jointly selected by Taiwan Embassy and the Client
- To provide services in TDOC IT & business skills training, and computer repair for the Client
- To establish TDOC operation model for the Client
In order to perform works listed above III will require assistants from the Client counterpart support. And since this is a POC for Year 2013, it requires mutual investment from both Gambia and Taiwan Governments. Types of the Client counterpart staff request are:
- A DOC site (potential location identified: location right below Taiwan Cultural Center)
- Basic classroom furniture (including desks, chairs, air conditioners, etc.)
- Basic internet network
- Basic operation expenses, such as electric bill, telephone bill, office rental, internet bill, printer ink, etc.
- Identify staff for administration function and assistance in infrastructure and facilities
arrangement for TDOC establishment
- Identify and recruit TDOC training participants, Trainer, and operation personnel
- Coordinate for TDOC with local authorities
- Provide assistance for the logistics requirements (such as equipment customs clearance, storage and transportation, local transportation), information, communication, and coordination of and whatever needed for DOC support, operation, training and workshop activities incurred if required
Comprehensive IT Training in Stages
In future MoICI, by utilizing III experience and TDOC resources, can improve its current practice by deploying its comprehensive government IT training operations in different stages (please see below).
First stage targets those government employees without any IT knowledge. For this stage, the training programs or seminars are held with an objective to raise IT awareness and provide basic computer training, helping trainees obtain second expertise / skill.
Second stage targets those government employees with moderate IT knowledge. Its curriculum focuses on advanced on-the job training.
Third stage, corresponding to the launch of various government systems, targets those government agency personnel who are in need of training in specific requirements, for example government agency system usage, database management, information security, etc. For this type of training, normally the government agencies co-work with MoICI to customize training programs in order to help train their personnel in identified training requirements.
Lastly the fourth stage, corresponding to development progress in infrastructure and technology, migrates all types of government IT training materials onto an e-Learning platform so trainees can receive their relevant training online, which greatly increases training efficiency and decreases training cost for the government.